These regulatory items are in discussion by the Board; the status of each item is recorded here. In the event the Board approved a item for rulemaking, the proposal is converted to a project and tracked in that section of this page.
2022-D ~ Preceptorship Requirements for DVM Licensure – Discussion on preceptorship requirement for applicants for DVM Licensure.
- 08-04-2022 Current statutes and rules regarding preceptorship requirement for DVM Licensure to be discussed by Board. [Source: Meeting Agenda – 08-04-22; will be published one week before meeting date]
2022-C ~ Applicant Requirements for DVM Faculty Licensure – Discussion on state jurisprudence exam requirement for applicants for DVM Faculty Licensure along with associated exam fee. Current Rules require all licensees to successfully pass state jurisprudence exam. Additional discussion relative to possible increase in application and renewal fees for DVM Faculty Licenses.
- 06-02-2022 Possible rule amendments to be discussed by Board. [Source: Meeting Agenda – 06-02-22; will be published one week before meeting date]
2022-B ~ Expedited License for Military & Spouses – LA R.S. 37: §3651 requires occupational licensing boards to amend rules related to active military licensure applicants and their spouses.
- 02-04-2021 Board discussed additional requirements to the rules; Legal Counsel will present rule amendments at a later date for Board vote. [Source: Meeting Minutes – 02-04-21]
- 04-07-2022 Legal Counsel instructed to draft proposed amendments to be presented to Board at its 06-02-22 meeting. [Source: Meeting Minutes – 04-08-22 – not yet ratified/published]
- 06-02-2022 Update on drafting of rule amendments being presented to Board. [Source: Meeting Agenda – 06-02-22; will be published one week before meeting date]
2022-A ~ NAVLE Waiver, VTNE Waiver, & RVT State Jurisprudence Requirement – Amends Rule 303 regarding the satisfactory requirements for the waiver of retaking the national examination, allowing greater discretion by the Board in examining the work history of the applicant to determine whether a five-year period of full-time employment has been maintained. Additionally, amends Rule 803 to create consistency among the board’s two largest licensing groups in providing applicants for RVT licensure a possible waiver for retaking the national examination if the score is older than three years. This will also strike the practical state board examination requirement for applicants for RVT licensure and allow the board to administer the written state board examination as required by statute.
- 12-10-2020 Board discussion of possible need to amend language of NAVLE waiver; No vote. [Source: Meeting Minutes – 12-10-20]
- 08-05-2021 Rule amendments discussed at Board meeting; No vote. [Source: Meeting Minutes – 08-05-21]
- 10-14-2021 Continued discussion of rule amendments at Board meeting; No vote. [Source: Meeting Minutes – 10-14-21]
- 12-02-2021 Final discussion of NAVLE waiver language; Discussion of necessity for VTNE waiver language and amendments to give viable pathway for state jurisprudence exam for RVTs; Legal Counsel instructed to draft proposed amendment to be presented to Board at its 02-03-22 meeting. [Source: Meeting Minutes – 12-02-21]
- 02-03-2022 Board approved proposed rule amendment for promulgation. [Source: Meeting Minutes – 02-03-22]
- 04-10-2022 Incorporated into Regulatory Project 2022-01.