Louisiana Board of Veterinary Medicine
263 Third Street, Suite 104 Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Ph (225) 342-2176 Fax (225) 342-2142 firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs)
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS for examination and/or certification:
2. Must submit certification that you are a student ready to graduate from a program in veterinary technology which is accredited by the AVMA – a Certificate of Anticipated Graduation form is included in this packet for use in verifying student status – or proof of graduation (i.e. photocopy of diploma or original official school transcript indicating degree conferred).
3. Must send all appropriate fees with the application form including a one-time application fee of $25, and certificate fee ($30). Make check or money order payable to the Louisiana Board of Veterinary Medicine (LBVM).
4. In addition to application with this state Board, you must also apply online to AAVSB directly (www.aavsb.org) and pay appropriate testing fees for the VTNE examination.
OUT OF STATE VETERINARY TECHNICIANS for certification:
1. Must submit a complete, signed, and notarized Board-approved application form with a passport type photograph attached, including a list of names and addresses of individuals for reference.
2. Must provide proof of graduation from a program in veterinary technology which is accredited by the AVMA.
3. Must provide passing scores on the Veterinary Technician National Exam (i.e. score transferred through American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB); for details and fees, see website www.aavsb.org, TIVA program.
4. Must provide proof of certification if certified in another state. A certificate of valid certification form is included in this packet for completion by the certification agency.
5. Must send all appropriate fees with application form including a one-time application fee of $25, an administrative charge of $10 for processing of transferred scores, and the original certification fee of $30. Make check or money order payable to the Louisiana Board of Veterinary Medicine (LBVM).
6. Two “Reference of Personal and Professional Character” forms must be submitted by those listed as references on the application form.
Dates for the VTNE are set by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB). Beginning July 2010, the VTNE will be administered in computer-based format during three windows of testing per year. Please review the deadlines posted on appropriate websites for application with LBVM, as well as application online with AAVSB.
To transfer passing scores for the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) taken outside Louisiana contact the Interstate Reporting Service of American Association of Veterinary State Board (AAVSB) at (816) 931-1504 for a Score Transfer Request Application form.
CHECKLIST FOR CERTIFICATION
TO TAKE EXAMINATION, submit the following:
TO COMPLETE THE LICENSING PROCESS, submit the following:
The requirements for the above items can be found in La.R.S. 37:1541-1549 and Title 46 LAC LXXXV 801-815
This website created by Onesimus